Friday, January 6, 2017

Music with an Impact - 2016


2016 was a tragic year for music. Among many losses experienced throughout the year, two of them were monumental, namely David Bowie and George Michael. The year was incredibly rich in new releases, and I for one, listened to some truly memorable albums. I also discovered some great gems that are a few years old, but that I'm listing since I found them this year and they were part of my heavy music rotation.
Below are my favorites.

Niki and the Dove - Everybody's Heart is Broken Now
Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
Jenny Hval - Blood Bitch
Johann Johansson - Arrival (OST) & Orphee
Plaid - Reachy Prints & The Digging Remedy
Nico Muhly - Drones & Speaks Volumes
Tegan & Sara - Love You to Death
Fennesz & Ryuichi Sakamoto - Flumina & Cendre
Bryce Dessner - Filament
David Bowie - BlackStar

0 comments: