Sunday, January 25, 2015

Music with an Impact - 2014


















2014 was an interesting year as far as new music being released is concerned. There were albums premiering unexpectedly (such as U2's "Songs of Innocence"), and others who were delayed quite a few times (such as Imogen Heap's "Sparks"). From a personal perspective, I enjoyed music that was released in 2013, that I only discovered in 2014, and that seems to be trend for this new year also. There were albums that I anxiously awaited, such as Sia's "1000 Forms of Fear" which though enjoyable, still felt like a step backwards in her discography. Either way, here is my list of the best albums I listened during 2014.

Caribou - Our Love
Blue Hawaii - Untogether
Tycho - Awake
Lamb - Backspace Unwind
Arca - Xen
St. Vincent - St. Vincent
Aphex Twin - Syro
Julianna Barwick - Nepenthe
FKA Twigs - LP1
Royksopp - The Inevitable End

0 comments: