Saturday, December 28, 2019

Music with an Impact - 2019


I listened to a lot of music in 2019. Between old albums I captured from my lengthy CD collection, and the ones I purchased, it was an excellent year to discover new artists, and continue to enjoy some favorites. My listing below is from the albums released in 2019, with the exception of the excellent "Dissolvi" from Steve Hauschildt, which came out in 2018, but I only discovered this year (though he did release the excellent "Nonlin" this year, also on the list). After these first 10, I listed a smaller batch of albums from different years, which I also loved and have listened for the first time in 2019, and are equally remarkable.
Below are my favorites of 2019.

Telefon Tel Aviv - Dreams Are Not Enough
Mikron - Severance
Tourist - Wild & Everyday
Fennesz - Agora
Donato Dozzy - 12H
Clark - Kiri Variations
Leif - Loom Dream
Thom Yorke - Anima
Steve Hauschildt - Dissolvi (& Nonlin)

Eluvium - False Readings On
The Haxan Cloak - Excavation
Julianna Barwick - Will
Ben Frost - Steel Wound
Barker - Utility
Jenny Hval - The Practice of Love
Andy Stott - It Should Be Us


0 comments: